Hiring company: Kite Pharma
In this role, you will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives and will have a business-focused approach to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies. You will have responsibility for clients in multiple geographic locations and serve as a key member of the Kite HR leadership team on planning and delivering HR programs and services to the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (But are not limited to):
Organizational Change. Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as mergers, acquisitions, exceptional business trajectories, and /or reorganizations.
Organizational Development. Partnering with the client group leaders in analysis, planning and implementation of thoughtful changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the organization. Drive programmatic succession planning and bench forecasting/analysis.
Strategic Advisor. Serves as integrated part of the business, working with and advising the leaders of respective client groups to align with and assist in accomplishing broader strategic objectives.
Talent Acquisition, Assessment and Development. Serves as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on ensuring a partnership with Recruiting, Total Rewards and Mobility, designed to support the efforts to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. Analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend innovative solutions to improve performance, retention, engagement and employee experience.
Employee Relations. Partner with the Employee Relations COE to ensure comprehensive and broad based management mentorship to build leadership capabilities and to address employee issues; working with people managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balanced perspective.
HR Programs & Services. Partner with your team members and COE leaders to ensure seamless HR delivery to client group management. This group will be responsible for:
- Identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business goals, as well as strategic direction
- Providing senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies
- Facilitating the training of managers and individual contributors on HR programs and policies
- Developing and conducting presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Designing and/or implementing programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies, procedures and initiatives
Talent Development & Inclusion. In partnership with the Talent, Development, and Inclusion (TD&I team), drive training needs analysis and identify training solutions to build capability within the assigned client group. Ensure that this resource is known and coordinated throughout all levels of employee as an opportunity and regular practice to improve both career and performance.
- MA/MS and 12 years of experience in Human Resources OR
- BA/BS and 14 years of experience in Human Resources OR
- High school diploma and 18 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience in HR, L&D, Comp, Benefits
- 8+ years’ experience building, leading and developing a direct team and indirect team
- Ability to act as an engagement ‘evangelist’ who understands how employee engagement directly influences business results
- Excellent active listening skills that encourage employees trust
- Professional and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills that enable one to address a broad spectrum of audiences
- Understands the business goals and translates those objectives into HR priorities
- Experience and expertise with in-depth negotiating, influencing and consulting skills
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures
- Experience in a role requiring you to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within the construct of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (training, compensation, benefits, etc.) with management
- MS Office Suite proficient
- 10-15% travel
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.